Protecting the Privacy of Children
Eatzy does not market to children under the age of 18. Children should always get permission from their parents before sending any information about themselves (such as their names, email addresses, and phone numbers) over the Internet, to us or to anyone else. If you’re under 18, please don’t provide any personally identifying information during your visit to eatzy.com
The Information We Collect
On the Website, you may register as a User, download information, contribute content, or place an Order for food or other Goods. The types of information we collect when you access the Website may include the following:
- your name and the name of your company
- contact and billing addresses
- your electronic mail (“email”) address
- your phone and fax numbers
- credit card or debit card information
- your company name
- any information that you may provide in a form on the Website
- Restaurants from which you have ordered, your ordering history, and any dining information or preferences provided by you or the Restaurant
We need this information to process your order. If we have trouble processing your order, the contact information you provide is used to get in touch with you. We also use this contact information to provide you with updates regarding your order or delivery problems.
Our Use of Your Information
We may provide your name, phone number, email address, and contact and billing addresses to Restaurants from which you place an Order, as well as other third parties who may help fill the Order. We may share your Restaurant order history and other dining information and preferences with that Restaurant and other restaurants under the same ownership.
We may also use and share your information with Restaurants and others:
- to place an Order with a Restaurant,
- to provide you with dining gift certificates and other products, promotional materials and services of the Website, under applicable terms and conditions
- to provide you with information about the services of the Website,
- to provide services which Users are entitled to under applicable terms and conditions,
- to produce aggregate statistical data for the improvement of services offered by the Website,
- to use the aggregate statistical data for promotional purposes,
- to provide you with restaurant recommendations based on your dining history,
- to make your information available to other businesses that may have offers of goods or services for you,
- for any other purposes related to those above.
For any user, we may aggregate your non-personal data with the non-personal data of our other users. We also collect and analyze general traffic patterns within our Website to help maintain the flow and content of the Website, and we may use or provide to third parties some or all of this anonymous aggregated information to support our commercial activities or for any other reason.
We may, and, Restaurants from which you have ordered may, from time to time send information or offers to the email address you provide to us. If you prefer not to receive such email, please follow the procedures set forth at the end of each email explaining how you can have your email address removed from the applicable email list or send an email to email@example.com. You may not “opt out” of communications relating to an Order.
Accessing Your Registration Profile
To change your contact, phone, email, or address information, first login as if you were placing an order, then click My Account. You’ll need your username and password to make changes to your profile. If you’ve forgotten your Password, we can send it to your email on record.
To help us tailor our site to the needs and interests of our visitors, we keep track of the pages visited by our users by placing a small entry in a text file, called a cookie, on your hard drive. The cookie contains an ID number that allows us to track the pages you’ve visited. We aggregate this data with data on the pages visited by other users to track overall visitor traffic patterns. We use this information to improve our site by making it more responsive to the needs of our users. The help function on most browsers contains information on how to set your browser to notify you before accepting a cookie or to disable cookies entirely. We don’t keep track of individual data by user, just the overall statistics.
Browser Level Information
Our Web server automatically collects your IP address when you request pages from our server. Your IP address is a number that is used by computers connected to the Internet to identify your computer so that data (such as the Web pages you request) can be sent to you. Your IP address does not tell us who you are. We also collect information on the operating system you’re running on your computer and the Web browser software you’re using to access our site so we can optimize our site for the most popular operating systems and Web browsers. And, because we like to know how you found our site, we keep track of where you came from.